Monday, June 6, 2011

Two Things

I've discovered two things: one is the explanation of why so many Japanese wives. Let's put aside the cultural explanations of why so many navy men end up with Japanese wives, that conversation I know nothing about. What I have observed is that most people who marry a native are usually not on their first marriage. Maybe they have kids with the ex American wife, and that Japanese women provide younger, better looking women than he would otherwise get in America. Basically, you can reach out of your league with Japanese women for some reason. I hate to say this, but when a sailor gets married and has kids right after joining he navy at age 18, the marriage will take a miracle to last. But tons of people do it, like everyone. So when you're first navy marriage ceases, start the Japanese one!

The other thing is about being the newest Ensign on the ship. Everyone will know that you are the newest ensign. This is obvious in the wardroom, but enlisted will know too. Some first class even knew that I had golf clubs sent to the ship even though I had not introduced myself. Again tonight, I had a sailor from the Lassen come up to me at the rec center and say hello, had never seen him before. With this type of fame, first impressions will carry. So don't have your first impression be golf clubs that show up before you do.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should join up and meet the Japanese women I so desire.

    ReplyDelete