Monday, August 29, 2011

Catch Up


Here I am during Family Day on the ship. In the backround is George Washington aircraft carrier. She did a flight show for our 92 guests.



During our command picnic, we set up summo, bouncy castle, and a paintball-like area. Attendance was poor, due to it being after liberty. But us new guys were there having fun, mostly because we would be cleaning up at the end. Here is Kyle Bolton and I showing good sportsmenship before I destroyed him. He won big glove boxing however.



The LASSEN was the only ship on base hosting people. We had a line around the block. People litterally fainted from heat exhaustion to get onboard. Us new guys had to work the event, so we stood there getting hundreds of pictures taken with us. Here, locals pose with our firefighting equipment.




Bryan Wogerman, Me, and Kyle Bolton.





This is one of the entrances to the base during Friendship Day. I was quickly told not to take anymore pictures. I failed to capture one of the many ladies in a kamono.





A dance competition in the local square. This troop was waaaay too old for the competition. There were serious dressed judges sitting in the back, American Idol style. My favorite act was a group of girls dressed in orange down vests, ski goggles, and biker gloves. I don't know who won, the rain drove me out.





ENS Kyle Bolton, getting into the spirit in Kamakura. Pres Obama recently visited Kamakura. There are photos for sale of him eating green tea ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment